For over 50 years I slaved away in the corporate melting pot of our society with various companies. I've finally retired from the corporate rat race and am able to do pretty much as I please so long as my social security and our retirement funds hold out.One of the great aspects of retiring is that there are now 6 Saturdays in a week and I can spend at least half a day in my workshop instead of one or two hours late in the evening. The other half of the day is spent working on my Honey-Do list. Before I retired I only had 6 items on my Honey-Do list. The day after retiring my wife presented me with a revised list with 30+ items. Ha ha ha..... Fortunately, we work on most of them together.
I have been doing ceramic artwork, gun stock making, and wood carving for over 20 years. I initially started out as an apprentice Colonial gunsmith (black powder rifles and pistols) in my teenage years but, eventually college and military service followed by corporate life set all of that aside for a while.
For years our kids have told me that I need to put my creations on the web for everyone to see and to sell. After retiring from the corporate rat-race I really didn't want to get back into a business. I just wanted to play with my hobbies, however, I've had so many people comment on my carvings and ask where they can buy them that I have finally relented.
Eventually, I will be adding my carvings to Etsy.com for sale.
No comments:
Post a Comment